Friday, April 4, 2008
This blog will be on hiatus as staff focus on making the updates.
Please check this blog often for updates.
Although, you can't keep your car totally mess-free, especially when children are involved, you can reduce some of it.
- Keep odd shaped plastic bags in the vehicle. This is would be used for garbage such as wrappers, chewed gum, sticky items, anything that you normally would throw in the trash can. Once the bag is full, throw it in the dumpster, or your main garbage area.
- Keep an old tote or handbag, for a few "car" toys, meaning these toys are to be played with when traveling in the vehicle only. Remind your children, these toys are privileges. If it comes to the point that you have to put their toys in the bag, they may lose that privilege as a consequence.
- Keep eating and drinking to a minimum in the vehicle.
- If you know their shoes will track mud or dirt, place old towels ahead of time, so your children's shoes will be wiped on the towel instead of the car floor.
Hope these tips help as you and your family begin making traveling (or even going out for short trips and distances) plans.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Here is a list that I have come up that is free or cost very little. Feel free to add more places to your own list:
- Weather permitting, take the children to the parks.
- Arrange a play date with a friend or family member.
- Check with museum listings to see when discounts or free days are available.
- Sometimes, zoos offer free days as well.
- Check with your place of worship for activities and events.
Utilize the media to find out what is going on locally or surrounding areas. Read the newspapers, watch television, or listen to the radio. Be sure to converse with people you know to find out about local activities and events.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
I dusted the art decorations hanging on the walls. Then I straighted the furniture. I dusted the tables and the entertainment center.
Last, but not least I vacuumed the carpet. I try to vacuum a few times per week.
Spring cleaning the living room was much easier than the kitchen. It went by quicker because of less clutter.