Here is a list that I have come up that is free or cost very little. Feel free to add more places to your own list:
- Weather permitting, take the children to the parks.
- Arrange a play date with a friend or family member.
- Check with museum listings to see when discounts or free days are available.
- Sometimes, zoos offer free days as well.
- Check with your place of worship for activities and events.
Utilize the media to find out what is going on locally or surrounding areas. Read the newspapers, watch television, or listen to the radio. Be sure to converse with people you know to find out about local activities and events.