Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Erika


Erika, a mother of two boys and a girl, has her own business in graphic design, in Chicago. She works in her office a few days per week, and the rest of the time she is home when the children are home. "I purchased the business one year ago, so I am still trying to find a balance between work and home," Erika said.

Busymom: Go ahead and introduce yourself.

Erika: I am Erika, married to my best friend of 15 years. I am a mother to two boys and one girl. I am also a business owner in graphic design.

Busymom: You have a lot to juggle. How do you do it?

Erika: Well, as I had stated before, I am trying to find a balance between work and home. However, what I find helpful is writing things in a day planner. That frees my mind more. I am also trying to delegate chores to the entire family, so they can help out more. That is currently in the negotiating stages (smiles).

Busymom: How do you take care of yourself?

Erika: Since time is of the essence, I try to multi-task meaning when I take a shower, I will use a shower gel as an extra pampering. I will then add lotion once I am finished. While I clean the house, I light a candle with a beautiful scent.

Busymom: What kind of advice would you like to give a busy mom?

Erika: Your children and other tasks may take a lot of your time. Don't forget to spoil yourself even if it means just for a few seconds.



Erika uses products such as a day planner, shower gels, lotions and scented candles. Busy Mom Agenda would make an ideal day planner for the busy mom. In need of a scented candle? Try the Sugar Mint Soy Candle found at Allizon.com. These items and many more can be found at http://www.allizon.com/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a nice job, busymom!

Thanks.

Erika

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz