Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Diane



After a nasty divorce, Diane of Illinois, vowed to be a role model for her young daughter. She wanted her daughter to see her as a strong and independent woman. "It is important for daughters to see their mothers as strong women," Diane said. She currently works part time as a teacher's aide at an elementary school.

Busymom:
Please introduce yourself.

Diane: I am a newly divorced mother. I am slowly getting on my feet again. I now work as a teacher's aide at an elementary school. I also spend valuable time with my daughter who attends kindergarten.

Busymom: You are now the head of your household. You have more tasks to do than ever. Do you find a balance, and if so how?

Diane: I try to multi-task. I also use a day planner to write everything that must be done now or in the near future. I also write down appointments and other activities. Do I find a balance? That is a tough question to answer. Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed because of so many things to do. However, I have learned not to sweat the small stuff--which has made me feel a bit better. Although, my daughter is only in kindergarten, I include her in some of my tasks.

Busymom: How do you take care of yourself?

Diane: Well, I love candles. Not only do they have a beautiful scent, they are soothing and relaxing. Sometimes, I will use a shower gel as a treat. I definitely could not live without my day planner because my mind feels less cluttered.

Busymom: What kind of advice would you like to give to a busy mom?

Diane: Spend lots of time with your own children because sometimes circumstances may not allow it.

Busymom: Thank you for your time, Diane!

Busy mom Diane relies on a day planner to help ease her life. She is a big user of candles, and she will occasionally use a shower gel. At Allizon.com, you can find some of the same products, such as the MomAgena,shower gels and scented candles. Busy Mom Agenda would make an ideal day planner for the busy mom. In need of a scented candle? Try the Sugar Mint Soy Candle found at Allizon.com. These items and many more can be found at http://www.allizon.com/.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz