Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Jean


A mother to an only child, Jean of Iowa, works at a local community college as a technology instructor. "Many people think that because I have only one child I am not as busy as other mothers," says Jean. "When a parent becomes a parent, they are busy until their children become adults or even forever!"

Busymom: Please introduce yourself.

Jean: I am Jean, a mother to a lovely six year old girl. I teach part-time at my local community college, and the rest of my day I spend helping at my daughter's school as a volunteer.

Busymom: How is it to raise an only child?

Jean: I am able to give my child more attention and opportunities than I could have if I had more children. Although my daughter is an only child, I did put her in preschool when she was three years old because I wanted her to be used to other children her age. So I have always found social activities for her to do.

Busymom: You seem active yourself. What are some things that you are involved with?

Jean: Well, I am a part time college instructor teaching anywhere between two or three classes per semester, plus am on a couple committees. After I finish teaching, I head on to my daughter's school and help out in the library or classroom, wherever I am needed until school is out. I take my daughter home. We both prepare dinner for her daddy and us. That is a good experience for her.

Busymom: So when do you have time for yourself?

Jean (laughs): Well it depends when my husband gets home from working in his office. If he is home early, he is able to spend time or take over some of my responsibilities at home, allowing me to have some me time; otherwise, I wait till my daughter goes to bed.

Busymom: How do you pamper or take care of yourself?

Jean: I light candles when I am relaxed with a book or sitting in a bubble bath. When I do take a short nap, I use an eye mask or an eye pillow to put over my eyes. Not only does this relax my eyes, but it helps me sleep quicker. And of course, like many moms, I use moisturizers. Those are definitely life savers for the skin!

Busymom: What advice would you like to give other moms?

Jean: No matter how many children you have, parents are parents. So, it's best not to judge parents, until you have at least walked in their shoes.



Using simple techniques like Jean, often allows a mom to feel refreshed without feeling guilty of taking care of herself. Allizon.com carries candles, eye pillows and moisturizers. Visit http://www.allizon.com/.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz