Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Lama


Lama, of Florida, is a stay at home mom with four children, ages 2-8. She also homeschools two of her children. Lama's husband works full time outside the home. When her husband is home, he divides the parenting duties and roles with Lama.


Busymom: Please introduce yourself.

Lama: My name is Lama. I am a stay at home mom with four children. I homeschool my oldest two children. The youngest two children join their older siblings when it is time for homeschooling because they love to pretend they are big and go to school.

Busymom: How do you manage to have time for yourself since the children are with you everyday?

Lama: We have a routine or a schedule. I write down our schedule on a big poster board for the children and myself to read and follow. I have a personal day planner where I record appointments, deadlines and reminders. The children are expected to help update the family calendar as well with their own tasks and projects.

Busymom: How long do is a homeschooling day?

Lama: It ranges between six to seven hours per day. I give them a lot of hands-on learning, so it goes by quickly. Often once in awhile, we will go past six to seven hours. After that, the older children will keep the younger children occupied while have about five to 10 minutes of "Me Time." Then I will supervise as I cook and complete last minute tasks. When my husband comes home, he will usually play or read a story with the children, allowing me to have one or two hours by myself.

Busymom: What do you do with the one or two hours?

Lama: I will read a book in my bedroom and light a candle or two, or take a nice hot bath or shower using my favorite gels and moisturizers.

Busymom: What kind of advice would you like to give to other busy moms?

Lama: It is hard for women to accept help from others because they may not do it the we like. That needs to change because by us doing many things, we are taking precious time from ourselves. Don't be afraid to delegate.


Lama relies on organization skills to help run her home smoothly. Great products to help strengthen the organizational skills would be MomAgenda or The Kitchen Folio. She also uses candles, bath gels and moisturizers to help relax and prep her for what to come. You can find top quality bath gels and moisturizers at http://www.allizon.com/.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz