However, here are some ways you can save money:
- Carpool to work and running errands. You and a friend can take turns driving to the location. Carpooling saves not only gas, but wear and tear on your vehicle. If public transportation is available, that might be another option.
- Walk to short distance places. Here you will be multi-tasking because you can bond with a loved one, exercise, and complete your task.
- Pay bills online. Here you will be saving on gas and stamps.
- When you grocery shop, be sure to scan advertisements to find where the sales are and use coupons. Be careful, sometimes buying in bulk may or may not save money. Do your homework.
- Time to work on last year's resolutions, meaning if you are a smoker, now is the time to reduce smoking or even better yet--quitting! When we work on ourselves, not only do we feel better, but we also may save money. How cool is that.
- Don't eat out at restaurants as much. Cook meals together at home. Not only is it cheaper, but you will get to spend time with family.