Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Cleaning Part Two

I tackled the kitchen last week, and I am proud to say that the kitchen is STILL organized and clutter free. How? You ask. The secret is to clean up a bit every day and not save it for later during the week. Not only is it a little cleaning, it just takes seconds--which could be done during television commercials, for example.

This is what I did. I wrote a list of what needed to be done in the kitchen, which included reorganizing cabinets, washing dishes, cleaning the floor, and getting rid of unnecessary clutter. I started from the top down, meaning the cabinets working my way down to washing dishes, cleaning out the refrigerator, and then finally cleaning the floor.

I ended up getting rid of dishes I no longer used, donating them to a thrift store. I reorganized my recipe files. I recycled cardboard boxes that was taking up space in the refrigerator.

Not only does the kitchen look better, the air is fresher.

Remember the key is to clean bit by bit everyday, not letting anything stack up for later.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz