Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Cleaning Part One

For the next four Tuesdays, I will be blogging about Spring Cleaning since Spring is around the corner. Here, I hope to give you tips and ideas to make YOUR spring cleaning easier and more efficient.

Today, I would suggest to write a list of the top three to five areas that need to be cleaned or organized. (I know there are many areas, but if you list more areas, it may become overwhelming.) Once you finish your three to five areas, then you can make another list to complete.

In your current list, prioritize what you is most important to you for cleaning, starting with 1 as the most important.

My top three are:

1. Kitchen
2. Bathroom
3. Living Room

I will then study each room and decide what I would like to improve about those areas. That should be your next step as well. I will also try to "guess-estimate" how long each room will take me. Be sure to "guess-estimate".

Start with one area of the room, and work in small chunks. Set a timer for so many minutes to work uninterrupted as long as there are no emergencies. Do not start in more than one room. That could become overwhelming. Be sure to finish one room at a time, and cross that room off once you have finished.

I will give you my thoughts on Thursday as I tackle the Kitchen.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz