Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday's Word With: Tonya


Tonya, of New Mexico, is a work at home mother to a boy and a girl. She is a freelance writer. "I love being a work at home mom because as a freelance writer, I have more control of my hours--which is a good thing for my children," Tonya said. She is the mother to a three-year-old girl and one-year-old boy.


Busymom: Please introduce yourself.


Tonya: I am Tonya. I used to work as a writer in a company before becoming a freelance writer to stay at home with my children.

Busymom: How do you separate your work from your family, so that you can have time for yourself as well?

Tonya: I try to stick to a schedule, however with flexibility. I tend to work in the same room where my children are playing. I work part-time, so that I can fulfill the needs of my family. Once the children are in school, I will be working full-time. After three or fours of work, I quit and focus time on my family. Any work questions or issues wait until the next day. I also use a day planner religiously.

Busymom: Do you have time for yourself? If so, how?

Tonya: I use moisturizers and lotions on a daily basis. I love candles, not only do they smell beautiful--they relax.

Busymom: Do you have any advice you would like to give to busy moms?

Tonya: Don't be afraid to be flexible. That could be to your advantage.


Being flexible is a must for Tonya because this allows her to find a balance between work, family and for herself. She also tries to take time for herself on a daily basis by using moisturizers, lotions, and candles. Awesome items can be found at http://www.allizon.com/ .

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz