Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Sarah


Sarah, a college part-time student in Chicago, has her hands full with her two children, ages 2 and 1. Sarah puts her two children in day care because she attends college classes and her husband works. After class, Sarah picks up their children and then is kept busy with them until their bedtime.
Busymom: Please introduce yourself.

Sarah: I am Sarah, a college student living in Chicago. I am studying to be radiologist. I also have two children and am happily married. It can be tough taking care of two toddlers! I want to say it is even tougher than studying for classes. *laughs*

Busymom: From the sounds of it, you do have a busy life. Since they are so close in age, how do your children get along?

Sarah: Well my daughter, who is one, has learned to defend herself against her older brother because sometimes he likes to tease her. They usually don't play with each other because that age is more learning about themselves in their environment.

Busymom: Give us a typical day of your schedule.

Sarah: Ok. My husband works second shift, so he is asleep when this all happens. It begins at 7:30 a.m., when my children wake up. I wake up around 7 a.m. After I have changed their clothes and washed them up, they are eating breakfast by 8:15 a.m. By 8:45 a.m., we are out the door and drop the kids off at daycare. I am in class by 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. I then swing by daycare pick up my children and head home. They play while I prepare dinner. After some more free play with them, I give them their baths, then read them a bedtime story and then put them in bed by 7:45 p.m. I then wash dishes, straighten the living room, and pull out my books to study and get caught up on homework. I usually end up going to bed around 12 a.m.

Busymom: How do you avoid being stressed out? With that type of schedule, you definitely need to take care of yourself!

Sarah: My time alone is when I am driving to class or a 15 minute resting period because I do some evening chores and my school work. My husband usually gives me a day to myself on the weekend. He'll spend an entire day with them on a Saturday or Sunday while I get caught up with what I want to do. In the mean time, I definitely rely on my day planner, so I know where everyone is at and what kind of projects are due. I am also a big fan of moisturizers. Not only do they make your skin feel soft, it's relaxation!

Busymom: Any advice you would like to offer to busy moms?

Sarah: Try to enjoy your moments with your children when they are keeping you busy because they will grow before you know it. Also, when family offer to watch your children just because--accept it!

Sarah once again strongly encourages moms to keep a day planner or calendar to keep track of activities, projects and tasks. At Allizon.com, MomAgendas are a perfect example for the busy mom. They are easy to carry wherever the busy mom goes. Sarah also said she believes in using moisturizers. Some of the best moisturizers can be found at Allizon.com. Some excellent moisturizers include Mediterranean Spa Lemon& Orange, Malie Mango Butter Bun , and Malie Koke'e Body Creme. Once again, many more can be found at http://www.allizon.com/ .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! These are cool to read. It is nice to see what other mothers are going through.

Busy Mom said...

Thanks Amy. We try to make our blog relevant to our moms and their lives. We know how busy moms can become!

Be sure to visit www.allizon.com.

Come again!

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz