Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Tina


A fulltime, stay-at-home mom, Tina, of New Jersey, has her hands full with triplets--two boys and one girl. Her husband works 12 hour days, five or six days a week. That usually doesn't leave much time for Tina to pamper herself because she is constantly supervising her children. Once they're asleep, she tries to clean up the rooms, or she takes a nap herself.

Busymom: Please introduce yourself.

Tina: I'm Tina, a mother of triplets. My triplets are all two right now, so I am having to deal with the "Terrible Twos" as well. My husband does help when he is not working. I plan structured activities and free play for my children.

Busymom: Why do you plan structured activities?

Tina: I have to plan structured activities because that is one way the triplets will learn about their environment and how to deal with each other. Otherwise, you will hear constant fighting a big part of the day!

Busymom: When you have a chance how do you take care of yourself? Or what kinds of products do you use to help make your life easier?

Tina: When I take a shower, I will use my favorite shower gels or body wash, and then apply lotion once I get dressed. Not only do I smell great, I feel relaxed. I also use a calendar to record activities, appointments and other important items. That helps because it keeps my mind clutter-free.

Busymom: What kind of advice would you like to share with other moms?

Tina: It's OK to have a "lived-in" house, meaning it doesn't look like it came out of a magazine. When your children sleep or take a nap, go for it if you want or need one.


Although Tina may not have much time to pamper herself, she does while she showers or bathes. Shower gels, body wash and lotions help a person, especially a mom, feel good about themselves. Tina also uses an agenda to help organize her and her family's life. Agendas, shower gels and other items can be found at http://www.allizon.com/.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz