Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wednesday's Word With: Faye of Illinois


Faye, of Illinois, is a mother of six children and works full time. Although her husband does help with family and household tasks, Faye ends up completing or supervising most of those tasks. I have interviewed her to see how if she makes time for herself.

Busymom: Please introduce yourself.

Faye: I am Faye. I am the mother of six children, ages three to 12 years, and I work in a preschool. I come home and then work to make sure family and household tasks are met. Bless my husband, he does help when he can.

Busymom: You mentioned that your husband does help when he can. What about your older children?

Faye: Yes, they are starting to, even the three year old. They pick up after themselves. They also receive positive reinforcements if they do above and beyond their responsibilities. Since we are a large family, we work or try to work as a team. Sometimes, we have our moments.

Busymom: Since you are extremely busy, how do you take care of yourself, so that you may continue to be healthy and happy?

Faye: I have learned not to be a perfectionist and that each person has their own way of completing tasks. I also record all appointments, meetings, play dates, projects in one agenda that stays with me, so that I can keep track of all activities. When the children are in bed, I give myself a bubble bath with a good book I'm reading. After that, I use lotion as a massaging technique. Sometimes, my husband will take over the bed time routine, so that I could go to bed early.

Busymom: Any other advice you would like to give to busy moms?

Faye: Allow others to help in their own way--even if it annoys you. Learn to let go of some tasks and delegate. Don't feel guilty in spending time for yourself. If you are not happy, then your family will not be happy.

Faye is one busy mom, yet she manages to take care of herself even if only minutes of time alone. She is an avid user of agendas. At http://www.allizon.com/, Busy Mom agendas and calendars are available for the busy mom. Faye mentions that she uses lotions to relax. At allizon.com, there are a variety of lotions for purchase, such as Malie Koke'e Body Creme, Jing Jang Creme, or Aromatherapy Moisturizers. Visit http://www.allizon.com/ for your personal or gift needs--you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Copyright 2007 Allizon :: Blog By Tickled Pink Designz